- Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Teamsters Local 237 at 216 W. 14th Street in Manhattan. Directions »
Join us in celebrating our Communicators of the Year – the Portside Labor collective. Portside Labor has been a vital resource for the labor community.
Come hear our panel discussion about labor and climate justice. The panelists will discuss issues around the Green New Deal and how labor can help promote the transition to a carbon neutral economy with good union jobs.
Climate Chaos: Labor’s Duty.
“There are no jobs on a dead planet.”
- Jessica Ramos, NY State Senator
- Lara Skinner, Cornell ILR Worker Institute – Moderator
- Sean Sweeney, CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies, the Murphy Institute
- James Slevin, President, UWUA Local 1-2
- Todd Vachon, Labor Network for Sustainability
You can purchase tickets online, by mail or in person at the convention.
The cost to attend is $25 for members and $35 for non-members.
Students, interns, retirees and the unemployed pay $10 .
(Please include your name, union, and list of attendees)